4.17.2011

Red Lobster style Cheddar Biscuit's

While shopping online for my hope chest I came across a cookbook labeled, "America's Most Wanted Recipes, Delicious Recipes From Your Family's Favorite Restaurants" by Ron Douglas. Not knowing what recipes were in this book, I took a chance and ordered it hoping for some great recipes. 


Upon receiving the book in the mail I noticed at the bottom it said, "copycat versions of everyone's best-loved food", this made me skeptical because I had thought the book was full of straight from the restaurant recipes. Still skeptical I opened the book and decided to try some recipes. Needless to say, this book is legit and I am glad I purchased it. 


This weeks recipe is definitely fit for the title of the book. Who doesn't LOVE the biscuits from Red Lobster? They are delicious and I have found myself going to Red Lobster specifically for the biscuits. Now I no longer need to go out for these biscuits and can enjoy them from home with whatever dish I desire. 


The best part of this recipe is it is very simple and most of the ingredients are probably already in your fridge and pantry. 












You Will Need:


2 cups of Biscuit Mix ( I used Bisquick)


1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar


2/3 cup milk


4 tbs (1/2 stick) butter


1/4 tsp garlic powder


Parsley flakes, for sprinkling


Cooking spray or vegetable oil (whichever you have on hand).






How to Prepare:


Preheat oven to 450*


Grease cookie sheet with cooking spray or vegetable oil


Mix biscuit mix, cheddar, and milk until a soft dough forms. Beat with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.


Spoon 12 balls of dough approximately 1.5 - 2 inches in size onto greased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten dough balls and smooth down tops of the dough balls to prevent hard points from forming. 


Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the tops of the biscuits are brown. 


While the biscuits are in the oven, melt the butter in a pan on low heat and stir in the garlic powder.


When the biscuits are done baking, brush the butter on the tops of the biscuits, sprinkle the biscuits with parsley flakes, and serve them hot. 












Tips: 


The above recipe is how it is stated in the book, if you follow the recipe they will taste like Red Lobster's biscuits but not as strong in flavor. I suggest adding a tad more cheese and garlic to heighten the flavor. 




ENJOY!

2 comments:

Urs C. said...

I can't wait to try this recipe! I love Red Lobster's biscuits!

Danielle :-) said...

Me too! These taste very similar, but not as strong in flavor, so I recommend adding a tad more cheese and garlic. :-)

Enjoy!

Post a Comment