2.27.2011

Mango Strawberry Ice Cream - Simple Indian Dessert

This week I was browsing the internet for recipes that I may want to try. I ended up finding a recipe for mango ice-cream; being a mango fan I was intrigued and wanted to try it for myself.

I can honestly say I was not disappointed with the results, which is why I am using it as my recipe for this week.


I have included the video of the original recipe below; I say "original" because I slightly modified the recipe by adding strawberries.

 




This recipe is so simple, it only has four ingredients. However, when I went to the store I had trouble finding a key ingredient (the mango pulp), so I had to use the alternative mentioned in the video. This meant slightly more work, but not much. 


The ingredients mentioned in the video are:


30oz Mango Pulp
14oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
8oz Whipped Topping
1 Ripe Mango


The ingredients I used are listed below.


In addition to the original recipe, I added strawberries because I thought they would taste good with the mangos... and I was right. :-)



Mango Strawberry Ice Cream
Mango Strawberry Ice Cream






You will need:


4 Ripe Mangos                        14oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
















8oz Whipped Topping                  Strawberries (approximately 7)













How to Prepare:


Take 3 mangos, cut each one in half, remove the seed from each, and remove each mango from its skin.


Place the mangos in a blender and puree. Once pureed this should be approximately 30oz of mango.


Place pureed mango in a medium to large bowl. Pour sweetened condensed milk into the same bowl. Also add the whipped topping to this bowl.


Lightly fold the ingredients with a wisk. (The wisk is key because it helps the whipped topping stay light and airy which helps the ice-cream to not get too hard; do not mix with an electirc mixxer.)


Once this is well mixed, cover it and place it in the freezer for approximately 2 hours to thicken.


While waiting for the ice-cream to thicken, cut the remaining mango and the strwberries into small cubes. (The video shows you an easy way to cut the mango.)


Once the ice-cream has thickened fold the mango and strawberry pieces into it and then place it back in the freezer for approximately 4 more hours to harden.






Delicious Indian Dessert
Delicious Indian Dessert



Tips:

Make sure you cut the strawberries pieces very small, if they are too large they will be hard to chew when frozen. 



ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment