2.15.2011

The BEST Chicken Quesadillas EVER

For Valentines day my boyfriend and I took our puppies to a park and had a picnic. I wanted to bring a finger-food on our picnic to make eating easier with our puppies running around; this is how I came up with this weeks recipe.


I decided on chicken quesadillas. Being that I had never made any, I winged it; and might I say they were DELICIOUS!






What you need:


Chicken Breast Strips (cooked)                                Large Tortillas



  8 oz Shredded Mixed Cheese                                     Avocado


         Sour Cream                                                                    Lime Juice






               Refried Beans                                                                   Salsa



                                              



Pam Non-stick Cooking Spray








How to Prepare:


If chicken is frozen, thaw it. 

Place chicken in a medium bowl. Cut chicken strips into 1/2 inch to inch sized pieces. Mix in entire bag of shredded cheese. Place aside. 

Half avocado and remove seed. Using a spoon, remove avocado from skin and place it in a bowl. 

Mash the avocado with the spoon. It is ok if small chunks of avocado remain. Add 1/2 as much sour cream as there is avocado. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of lime juice to the avocado. 

Lay out 6 tortillas. 

Generously spread avocado paste to 3 of the tortillas (do not put paste on outer inch of tortilla for less mess). 

Generously spread refried beans on the remaining tortillas (do not put beans on outer inch of tortilla for less mess). 

Divide chicken and cheese mixture evenly between tortillas with avocado paste (do not put chicken on outer inch of tortilla for less mess). 

Place tortillas with refried beans on top of the chicken (beans down), forming 3 quesadillas. 

Turn the stove on medium and place a large skillet on the burner. 

When the pan is hot, spray it with Pam (I used Pam's Canola Oil non-stick cooking spray). 

Place 1 quesadilla in the pan and brown both sides, the cheese should be melted. 

Remove quesadilla. 

Spray pan with Pam and add 2nd quesadilla to the pan. Brown both sides, the cheese should be melted.

Remove quesadilla. 

Spray pan with Pam and add 3rd quesadilla to the pan. Brown both sides, the cheese should be melted.

Remove quesadilla. 

Cut each quesadilla into 8 pieces. 

Serve with sour cream and salsa. 












Tips:

You can use fresh chicken if you prefer. Cook it and slice it prior to above steps. 

I needed to use 2 large spatulas to flip my quesadillas. You can make quesadillas with one tortilla apiece by putting avocado paste on 1/2 of the tortilla and refried beans on the other 1/2, place the chicken one of the 1/2s and fold it. I made them with 2 tortillas to speed things up. 

I say serve with sour cream and salsa; however, I found them so yummy that I didn't need the sour cream or salsa. 



ENJOY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Make them, eat them, LOVE them.

Unknown said...

I am SO making these for Traci and I- I love how you changed it up with the avocado mixture and the refried beans- I can't wait to taste!!!

Danielle :-) said...

You won't be disappointed! :-)

Post a Comment